I can’t wait to introduce the creamiest and tastiest carbonara pasta that’s also vegan and gluten-free that I ever made!
Because who doesn’t love the cheesy plant-based sauce in a plate of carbonara pasta?
We all know that classic carbonara sauce is made with cheese, dairy milk, added with bacon, and eggs.
The vegan version is SO GOOD you can’t even believe it is using the dairy-free sauce.
It tastes cheesy, creamy, savory, with a hint of nutty flavor.
As changing and maintaining a vegan lifestyle, it needs creativity to get the best option when we crave cheesy sauce for our pasta.
Thankfully, we can easily get cashews and nutritional yeast everywhere.
They are the best to serve the cheesy – taste like a meal, of course, it offers health benefits too.
As I try to create any dairy-based meals, cashews have been the best substitute to produce a creamy and savory meal, including for this carbonara sauce.
It is so easy to make, dairy-free, rich in flavor and will be ready in under 20 minutes.
This is one of the best dishes to serve with the family, they won’t disappoint with the taste even if they aren’t vegan or suffer from food allergies.
How To Make Vegan Pasta Carbonara with Cashew
Cashew sauce for vegan carbonara pasta is very tasty as I created it for me.
It is also a great sauce for pizza and other savory snacks, even as a dip for chips or veggies.
- - Vegan spaghetti
- - 2 handfuls of spinach
- - 200gr raw cashews
- - 2tbsp water
- - ½ tsp garlic powder
- - 210ml unsweetened plant-based milk
- - ½ handful of onion
- - handful of any mushrooms
- - pinch of basil and chili flakes for the garnish
- - 1tsp dried sage
- - 4tbsp nutritional yeast
- - 2tbsp olive oil
- - 4 tiny pinches of black pepper
- - 2 tiny pinches of salt
- Soak your cashews overnight or soak at least 3 to 4 hours with hot boiled water to soften them up. Then drained well
- Boil up the spaghetti with a splash of oils
- Drain the spaghetti once it is cooked
- Put the drained cashews with all ingredients, except cooked spaghetti and spinach, into a blender and blend it up until it appears creamy and super smooth for at least 2 minutes
- In a skillet, pour 2 tbsp of olive oil and onion to sauté the mushroom
- In the same skillet, pour the cooked pasta into the skillet and add spinach to it.
- Pour the cashew sauce that you mixed over the cooked pasta and spinach
- Stir in a while, give a splash of pasta water if the sauce is too thick for you
- Serve after sprinkling the chili flakes and basil.
Nutritional value of Vegan pasta Carbonara with Cashew
Here is the estimation of nutritional value in a plate of carbonara pasta
- Calories: 700
- Carbohydrates: 71gr
- Protein: 35gr
- Calcium: 128mg
- Sugar: 6gr
- Sodium: 772mg
- Potassium: 894mg
- Vitamin C: 3mg
- Fat: 42gr
- Saturated fat: 7gr
- Fiber: 4gr
- Iron: 7mg
Can you store sauce?
If you want to eat carbonara pasta anytime you want, you may want to make a bigger batch of vegan carbonara sauce, so when you crave carbonara pasta, you can just go to the fridge and take it out.
However, remember to never store it along with the pasta, store it just the sauce alone. Here is a way to store it:
- Making a bigger portion. You can store it by making the carbonara sauce in the bigger portion according to your need. Then let it cool down to room temperature after cooking
- Once it is chilled, pour the sauce into an airtight sealed food container or plastic bag.
- Store it in the refrigerator or freezer for up to four to seven days
- It is ready to be used
- Reheat the sauce, reheat the skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Pour a cup of pasta and pour your carbonara sauce. Let it simmer for a bit
- It is ready to consume.
Is vegan carbonara sauce is healthier than regular carbonara sauce?
I believe you also feel healthier as you look up into the ingredients.
It is made entirely from whole food, gluten-free, and vegan.
It doesn’t only make you feel healthy but will make you healthier compared to consuming regular carbonara pasta.
This vegan carbonara pasta is super cheesy, yummy, and serves less calorie than the regular and serve enough protein.
What a blissful meal, right?
The cheesy taste is from nutritional yeast.
It has a strong nutty and cheesy taste.
The combination of nutritional yeast and cashew is a big combo that gives the AMAZING taste for dairy carbonara sauce substitute.
If we use two tablespoons of nutritional yeast, we will gain health benefits as it provides four grams of fiber, protein, and nine amino acids which are good for the human body but couldn’t produce.
The other ingredients also provide health benefits, including unsweetened vegan milk that is best known as healthier milk because it is lower in calories and contains goodness for our body.
Being vegan is a blissful lifestyle that I can’t thank enough.
It has so many meal substitutes that I think have a bigger number of options than the non – vegan.
We still can enjoy some meals and taste savory, creaminess, and cheesy without putting dairy products and animal meat in the recipe, including this vegan carbonara pasta.
How appetizing regular carbonara pasta that is promoted by many people, I have never been interested.
Because I know how tasty this vegan carbonara pasta that I made, especially as I know the health benefit that it offers while indulging it.
Isn’t it a dream that we can consume good food with good stuff inside at the same time?
I suggest you give this recipe a try and let me know how it tastes in the comment below!
Did you like this recipe?
if the answer is YES so you will love these delicious vegan recipes –
– Homemade Vegan Butter Recipe.
– How To Make Cashew Chocolate Popsicles.
– How To Make Vegan Cashew Cream