without a doubt popsicles during the hot summer, it’s the best way to cool down your body temper.
An alternative solution for vegans is cold tasty Cashew Chocolate popsicles!
I know popsicles are dessert and mostly seen as a not a healthy snack.
with these vegan cashew chocolate pops, we can have a healthy choice of snack, we have creaminess and nutty undertone from cashew and getting a chocolatey taste from cocoa powder.
Here I share only five ingredients and easy to make vegan cashew chocolate popsicles for you.
It is a fast and no-fail recipe with the simplest ingredients to get.
This is the best vegan pops so far!
Staple Ingredients to make Cashew Chocolate Popsicle
There are 5 staple ingredients to make cashew chocolate pops and I guarantee those 5 are easy to find around you.
Here are 5 things you need to prepare:
- Cashew butter. This is the main ingredient that we need to prepare. I extremely love how cashew turns out great in every dairy-based meal, including these vegan popsicles. Its neutral and creamy taste is beyond everything.
- Medjool dates. Dates are great examples to get natural sweeteners. You will get a non – added sugar pops but having sweetness while enjoying it
- Unsweetened cocoa powder. What is cashew chocolate pops without chocolate with them? Plus chocolate never goes wrong with any dessert recipe.
- Vanilla extract. For any dessert recipe, using vanilla extract to enhance aroma and flavor is a must. Hence, it goes well with this cashew chocolate popsicles.
- Coconut milk. You need milk to make pops, so does this vegan pops. To gain a creamier texture, even more, choose coconut milk as your liquid base. It works well for cashew milk if you want to.
How to make Homemade Cashew Chocolate Popsicle
- 1¼ cup of canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of creamy cashew butter
- 6 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed cashews
- coconut butter
- You can add any toppings that you are down to use
- Put cashew butter, Medjool dates, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder into a high powered blender, regular blender, or food processor
- Turn it at a medium speed for at least 10 seconds. Then rise to high speed for at least 1 minute. Continue to blend it until it appears super smooth and creamy. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides of the blender once in a while
- Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds then cover it.
- Freeze it up to at least four hours or until sets
- To consume of serving it, let it sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes to remove it from the molds
- Quickly drizzle some toppings of your choice to serve it
- Directly consume it for the best-served cashew chocolate pops
Nutrition value of Cashew Chocolate Popsicle
Here is a list of nutrition value estimation of one serving of a piece of cashew chocolate popsicles
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Calories: 187
- Carbohydrates: 26gr
- sugar: 18gr
- Fiber: 4gr
- Protein 3gr
- Fat: 13gr
- Saturated fat: 9gr
- Sodium: 12mg
- Vitamin A: 35IU
- Vitamin C: 0.3mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
Why it is healthy and devourable
As I mentioned before, Popsicle is an unhealthy dessert but the homemade vegan option is generally healthier.
And I don’t just bluntly state it as it is a great substitute for regular dairy pops.
When people choose the dairy-based pops, it is packed with additional calories from the fats contained in dairy milk.
Even if you choose the low calorie – claimed dairy pops, this can be an issue for some people still.
Some people can’t indulge in too many dairy products as they produce too much mucus that leads them to have breakouts and sinus issues after consuming it.
Some folks can’t even consume it as it may worsen their digestion problems such as gassy feeling, or other symptoms of stomach ache.
Other people with gluten intolerant also can’t enjoy the sweetness of pops joyfully.
This is a great opportunity and benefits for us, vegans.
We still have a good and delicious treat without sacrificing our health.
To break it down, all of those five ingredients are great choices for our health.
The cacao powder itself has so many health benefits including reducing the risk of heart disease, inflammation, diabetes risk, and help to lower your blood pressure.
The other ingredient, cashew butter as main ingredient offers goodness such as maintaining the heart health, speed up the metabolism, increasing the immunity level, provide enough protein.
For Medjool dates themselves, it can help you to keep you away from heart disease by lowering bad cholesterol levels, provide fiber, provide antioxidants, lower sugar levels.
Meanwhile, coconut milk, although it is rich in fats, it is a great natural resource that helps you to lose weight, balancing electrolyte in the body, strengthen the immune system, give you shiny and healthy hair and skin, keep you away from anemia, and more goodness that follows.
Having cashew chocolate popsicle is the best way to indulge in the sweetness of pops during the day. Imagine having a hot day but you are on a diet or opting vegan lifestyle, a chill chocolate pops can be flutter you up and attempt to be eaten without failing your diet and vegan lifestyle.
What’s more, it is a pack filled with good nutrition value that is good for your body and overall health.
These indulgent popsicles are good for everyone and can be enjoyed every time you need and icy and sweet popsicles to complete your day.
Save your calorie intake while providing a health benefit to your body and satisfying your pops crave now!
If you decided to try this recipe, please let me know how it tastes in the comment below.
I’m excited to know your thought about this tasty recipe.
Did you like this recipe?
if the answer is YES so you will love these delicious vegan recipes –
– Homemade Vegan Butter Recipe.
– How To Make Vegan Pasta Carbonara.
– How To Make Vegan Cashew Cream