Vegan milk has increased its popularity over recent years.
There are many options of vegan milk including soymilk, almond milk, but in this article, we will focus on the 3 best recipes with cashew milk.
I know that almond milk is the popular one before cashew milk enters the market.
We all love to add a splash of almond milk to our coffees, but it has quite strong nutty tastes.
So if you want to opt for more creamy, smooth, and tastier, I suggest you switch your old almond milk with a new brand of cashew milk.
Its creamy consistency is even more similar to regular dairy milk, it also barely tastes nutty.
The cashew milk also packed with health benefits, check the full article – “9 Health Benefits of cashew milk”
3 Best Recipes With Cashew Milk
Here are some yummy and easy recipes using cashew milk.
– Strawberry Cashew Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Vegan ice cream will never fail you if you use cashew milk as the base. Here is my favorite vegan strawberry cashew milk ice cream recipe. It only takes 1,5 hours to make, but it’s worth trying.
- 4 cups of washed and chopped fresh strawberry
- 1 cup of raw cashew
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of powdered white sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Soak raw cashews overnight to soften them up. Drained when you are ready to make this recipe
- Put strawberries, water, cashews, vanilla extract, and sugar. Blend it well in the highest level of your blender. Blend it well until it appears creamy and smooth
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker. The instructions might vary depending on the written ice cream machine maker’s instruction. It usually takes 20 minutes to get creamy ice cream.
- After it turns out well, transfer the creamy ice cream to an ice cream container. Freeze it for at least 2 hours or until set before serving.
– Chocolate Cashew Milk Smoothie Recipe
This recipe is perfect for your summertime company and enjoys it with your best friends who are also vegan.
- 100 grams of raw cashews. Soak for overnight
- 300 ml of water
- 200 ml of cashew milk or any other vegan milk of your choice
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- banana/ avocado/ Medjool dates
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Soak raw cashew overnight.
- If you don’t have much time. Put the cashews in boiled water for at least an hour. Then let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain the cashew and put it into a high powered blender. If you don’t have a high powered blender, just blend it a little longer.
- Put all ingredients. Blend it well until it appears smooth and super creamy.
- Sweeten your cashew milk with Medjool dates or other vegan natural sweeteners such as stevia or maple syrup. For the best taste, soak Medjool dates along with the soaked raw cashew.
If you are feeling fancier, level up your cashew milk recipes with some superfood boost such as:
- Ashwagandha powder: A powerful herb used in ayurvedic healing
- Maca powder: A super root to fight stress and anxiety.
– Sri Lankan Creamy Cashew Curry recipe
Besides Indian curry, Sri Lankan chicken curry is well known in Asia.
It is one of the vegan cuisines that is rich in flavor and creativity.
If you want to try it, here is the recipe.
- 28 gr of raw cashews
- ½ medium onion
- 2 tbs of curry powder
- 1 – 2 curry leaves. If it is impossible to get, you can get replace it with dried bay leaves
- 1,5 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of canned peas. Drained. You can also use frozen or fresh peas
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp of sugar
- Pinch salt
- Put the raw cashew in a bowl with water. Add 1 tsp of salt and mix it well. Soak raw cashew overnight
- Drain the cashew and set it aside
- Heat the saucepan and put 1 – 2 tbsp of oil on the medium heat
- Pour in the chopped onion. Sauté until it becomes translucent
- Add the curry leaves and continue to sauté until it smells delicious
- Pour in the drained cashews, sugar, cayenne pepper, curry powder, coconut milk, and a pinch of salt. Mix well
- Let it simmer for 45 minutes. Check the taste and make sure that the gravy has enough liquid. If it is too thick for you, add water according to your desired consistency.
- Make sure that the cashew is al dente, but not too firm that it is hard to eat.
- Serve with warm rice immediately. You can store it in the fridge in a freezer-friendly container. It will taste better the next day.
Cashew milk can basically be used in any cooking that needs sauce, gravy, or soup base.
You can use it according to your need and creativity to build up new recipes using cashew milk.
You can use cashew milk whipped cream to beautify your vegan birthday cake.
Important information for allergy
Cashews are not really nuts, but it is still classified as nuts, and just how other nuts, it also triggers some allergy symptoms for some people.
Hence, it is important to know whether you and your family actually suffer or having a high risk to suffer from cashew allergy.
Some symptoms that might appear if you have cashew allergy will immediately appear after you touch, consume, or get direct exposure to the cashews.
Here are the symptoms:
- Runny nose
- Nauseous or vomiting
- Mouth and throats are itchy
Seek medical help immediately if you and your family experience those symptoms.
Is cashew milk safe for babies and pregnant women?
If you love the texture and taste of cashew milk, you might be wondering if cashew milk actually safe for the babies?
Yes, it is safe for the babies who are turning 1 year old or more, as long as they don’t have a nuts allergy.
It is not recommended to feed an infant or under 1-year-old baby with cashew milk as it is slower to digest.
Meanwhile, for pregnant women, it is great to consume cashew nuts or cashew milk during pregnancy.
Besides it tastes so good, it presents some nutrient-dense for the expecting mommy.
It will deliver enough calcium, zinc, protein, fiber, iron, vitamins, and carbohydrates for pregnant women.
So, feel free to consume cashew milk during your pregnancy.
It is best to consume the homemade as it doesn’t contain the added sweetener.
Check the full article on “how to make cashew milk”.
However, you can also consume the store-bought version, that is okay too.
Cashew milk is the new almond milk, but it has creamier, tastier, and barely has the nutty aftertaste.
Besides its rich taste, it is also packed with dense nutrients.
All people can consume it except infants and people who are suffering from nut allergies.
Complete your daily nutrient intake by adding cashew milk to your daily diet in moderation.
Add cashew milk for coffee, a basic sauce for any cheesy – like recipes.
Your body and taste buds will thank you!