Who doesn’t love ice cream anyway?
The non – dairy Homemade cashew ice cream it’s the perfect solution for people who don’t want to eat dairy products.
You will find out in this article when it comes to chewy and delicious cashew ice cream as a regular ice cream substitute.
Most people love ice cream, especially when the summer hits.
The average American eats more than 23 pounds of ice cream every year.
However, when the plant-based food choices began to grow, many people are choosing them over regular dairy ice cream. The reason is that ice cream is only delicious but is not healthy food.
One of the favorite non – dairy ice cream loved by people is cashew ice cream because it tastes so creamy just like the taste of cow’s milk ice cream.
After making it homemade, by using cashews, this ice cream is darn close to the regular dairy ice cream.
Cashews are so fatty that it is a great base to create super creamy and thick texture.
Although it is basically made from the water cashew, it has a rich taste that even non – vegans will love too.
How to make Homemade Cashew Ice Cream
Cashew ice cream is basically made from raw cashews which are soaked overnight then blended with water.
But you can spice it up with sweetener and a pinch of salt.
Here is the recipe that I can’t wait to share.
- 16 ounces of unsweetened cashew butter
- 2 cups of unsweetened cashew milk
- ¾ cup of maple syrup
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Ice cream maker
- High powered Blender
- Measuring cups
- Freezer friendly ice cream container
- Parchment paper. If you don’t have it, replace it with wax paper or plastic wrap
- Chill the ice cream bowl overnight for a better result.
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender for about 3 minutes or until it appears really smooth and creamy.
- Transfer it to a bowl of chilled ice cream maker. Shake until it begins to thicken, it may take about 20 minutes.
- Don’t forget to put parchment paper in the freezer-friendly container before pouring it. This is a trick to prevent the formation of ice crystallization.
- Put it in a freezer-friendly container until it sets. It takes around 4 hours.
- You can keep it in the freezer for up to 2 weeks
Nutritional value of homemade cashew ice cream
Here is the list of cashew ice cream’s nutritional value estimation in one serving.
- Calories: 437
- Carbohydrates: 33.1gr
- Sodium: 279mg
- Protein: 5.1gr
- Fiber: 0.7gr
Is it better for your health?
Choosing vegan cashew ice cream means that you give up the dairy lifestyle entirely.
You are no longer suffering and proving to your body that being a vegan, part-time flexitarian, or lactose intolerant still allows you to devour a delicious scoop of ice cream.
Significantly, people especially Americans are now choosing dairy-free substitutions compared to dairy ones because they prioritize health concerns and ethical reasons.
The rise of non – dairy products are based on high demand.
They are chosen by people because they are healthier than regular ones, including ice cream.
In one scoop of vegan cashew ice cream, you only get under 200 calories and 5 grams saturated fat.
On top of that, vegan ice cream generally has some benefits including supporting your weight loss program, clear your skin, fewer sinus issues, and prevent bloating and gassy feelings especially when you are lactose intolerant.
Pro tips to make perfect cashew ice cream
Making cashew ice cream is super easy and fast that all people who barely have cooking skill can make it.
However, there are some tips that will help you to make sure that your cashew ice cream is extremely creamy and rich in flavor.
I believe you can show off yourself how you are a pro-vegan ice cream maker.
So, here are some tips to remember before starting to make your cashew ice cream
- Soak your cashew. It seems simple but also crucial. By soaking your raw cashew, it will be easier to blend and soften. Especially when you are using a high powered blender, you don’t need much time to create the super thick and smooth texture of cashew ice cream.
- Use raw cashew butter then roasted cashew. To get great flavor, I suggest you only use raw cashew rather than roasted one. Because raw cashew has a neutral taste but super creamy, you can add any flavor and barely taste cashew with it. Meanwhile, you will taste more cashew when you use roasted cashew and make it harder to cover flavor with other flavor liquid for your ice cream
- Use coconut sugar for deep and great flavor. To get more sweetness for your ice cream, put sweetener to it. But I suggest you use coconut sugar for a more wonderful flavor. The other alternative is by using brown sugar if you don’t have coconut sugar at the moment.
- Make sure you weighed and measured all ingredients. Before you start, weigh and measure all ingredients to create the perfect recipe.
- This ice cream is perfect and best served within the first week after making it but you can freeze it up to 2 weeks or more.
Being non – dairy consumers can still allow you to scream for ice cream.
Eating cashew ice cream is better than another vegan ice cream as it is lower in calories and saturated fats level.
The other tough competitor of vegan ice cream is coconut ice cream but you couldn’t care less that it contains a higher level of saturated fat although it is the creamiest vegan ice cream.
Hence, by choosing this creamy and yummy cashew ice cream, you feed your tongue with deliciousness and at the same time provide nutritional value for your body brought by all the goodness of cashew and other natural ingredients.
So far with this recipe, I’m already waiting to hear from you guys in the comments below!
please share with me if you tried the recipe.
Did you like this recipe?
if the answer is YES so you will love these delicious vegan recipes –