Do you love the gooey texture and savory flavor of cheese sauce and are looking for its vegan option?
You would fall for these vegan cheese recipes, even if you were a non – vegan eater, especially when you now knowing its health benefits. It is super creamy, oozy, tangy, and rich in flavor and presents nutrients dense.
Serve this vegan cheese aside with tortilla chips and fresh veggies to make a nacho platter as a go-to snack when your friends are coming over for a movie night, they all will love it and not miss the dairy-based cheese. This vegan cheese is truly THAT good!
Vegan Cheese Staple Ingredients
Consuming vegan cheese is not only tasty but also provide goodness too for your body.
Unlike regular cheese in the store that is highly processed, it is only made from whole food ingredients.
If you are looking for the staple ingredients for vegan cheese, here is a list that you need:
- Nutritional yeast:
This is a great option to taste cheesy and nutty texture when you are a vegan and missing the savory taste of dairy cheese.
It also provides nutrients for your body including fiber, protein, riboflavin, zinc, potassium, thiamine, and more.
Provides rich flavor and aroma for your cooking.
It also provides health benefits such as combating cold, reducing blood pressure, lower the risk for heart disease.
- Sweet potato:
Some vegan cheese needs orange ingredients to make it even more similar to the regular ones.
In that case, sweet potato is the key. It gives a vibrant orange color when you are making vegan cheddar cheese.
It also presents a rich and tangy flavor with sweetness after taste.
You can turn it into yummy vegan cheese sauce while getting the health benefits such as supporting your vision’s health, diabetic-friendly, increase the immune system, promote gut health, and presents other nutritious values.
- Vegan liquid smoke:
It can be used for any vegan cuisine to replace the smokiness of meaty or dairy-based meals.
Cashew is another vegan staple to make vegan-based products including cashew milk and cashew cheese. Not only tasty, but cashew will also provide vitamin K, vitamin B6, magnesium, zinc, manganese, and more nutrients to offer.
And just how textured and creamy the cashew milk version is, the cashew cheese version also allows you to get creamy and savory cheese. Super delicious and healthier.
- Agar-Agar Powder:
It doesn’t merely have health benefits for you, but it makes your cheese firm.
- Tapioca Starch:
Just how you need agar – agar powder as staple ingredients to make your vegan cheese, tapioca starch does the same but with a different function.
Unlike agar – agar powder which makes your cheese firm, tapioca starch will make your cheese to melt and stretch. This is a must ingredient when you are making mozzarella cheese or any cheese that can stretch.
It is best used for vegan cheese fondue too.
I can’t wait to share how to make vegan cheese recipes. Give them a try:
Vegan Smoked Gouda Recipe
As a vegan, you can have an unimaginable amount of meat and dairy substitute options to eat, including the vegan smoked Gouda. If you crave it, here is the recipe:
- Vegan liquid smoke
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- Nutritional yeast
- 2tbs agar – agar powder
- pinch salt
- pinch of Garlic powder
- 1tbs tapioca starch
Sliceable Vegan Smoked Gouda
- Put all ingredients (except tapioca starch) in your saucepan and stir well
- Constantly stir while boiling it for around 5 – 6 minutes
- pour to any mold
- cool it down for 15 minutes then refrigerate to set
Meltable Vegan Smoked Gouda
- Put coconut milk, nutritional yeast, water, salt, garlic powder, agar-agar, and liquid smoke in a saucepan then mix well
- Heat it in medium heat to boil
- Once it boils, turn down the heat until it’s barely bubbling, continue to boil over low heat while frequently stirred for 5 minutes
- Adds the tapioca starch which has been dissolved with a splash of water. Stir well for 1 minute until it appears thick, smooth, and stretchy
- Pour into a container to cool it down, put it into the refrigerator to set, at least for 3 hours
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
To make vegan mozzarella which is creamy can be sliced, shred, and melted, here is a list of ingredients and how to make it:
- Refined coconut oil
- Nutritional yeast
- Tapioca flour
- Raw cashew (soaked for 4 – 10 hours then rinsed)
- Kappa carrageenan
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend it till smooth
- In between your blending time, pause it for a second and give a splash of hot boiled water and scrape the downside of your blender to scrape up the ingredients
- Continue blending it until appear creamy and super smooth
- Pour in a heat-safe mold and keep it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight for better results.
Vegan Cheddar Cheese
If you are missing the cheddar taste that is smoky, firm, and sliceable, give this recipe on board. Read the ingredients and instructions below:
- Agar-agar powder
- A cup of water
- Raw cashew which was rinsed with hot water
- Cooked sweet potato
- Nutritional yeast
- Paprika powder
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
- Coconut oil
- Peeled carrot
- Put all ingredients except water and agar-agar. Blend it until smooth and creamy
- Put a cup of water and agar-agar in a saucepan
- Stir it for a minute until it boils then pour in the blended ingredients and blend it agar until smooth
- Mold it in a bowl and refrigerate until it sets
- Your cheddar cheese and ready and sliced to be eaten with a cracker
How to store the vegan cheese
Having made your homemade vegan cheese, you may notice that your vegan cheese appears waxy and chalky but that’s totally fine.
You can still enjoy their rich taste and texture once you heat them. Their health benefits and taste will not be damaged when you froze them.
In fact, you can store it in the freezer for up to 4 months and up to 1 week after opening it.
Did you like this recipe?
if the answer is YES so you will love these delicious vegan recipes –
– Homemade Vegan Butter Recipe.
– How To Make Vegan Pasta Carbonara.
– How To Make Cashew Chocolate Popsicles.