We can’t miss vegan cashew cream as one of some dairy substitute recipes.
It is great for any dairy-free cook and everyone can enjoy it without concerning the dairy ingredients in it that anyone should enjoy this delicious sauce.
To create this recipe, I use cashew as the base.
It appears very thick and pale, the consistency is similar to the yogurt with little graininess that is visible.
if you are not a fan of cashew taste, don’t worry about it.
the and taste of the cream will be more tangy, savory, and creamy.
you can also use it for any vegetable soups, delicious and devourable dressing for roasted vegetables.
However, you can balance the flavor by adding a natural sweetener such as Medjool dates to turn it into vegan whipped cream or use it in dairy-free dessert recipes.
To make this cashew cream, raw cashew is the main ingredient to be prepared.
It must be soaked first in the water for at least an hour but it is best to soak overnight.
to make a sweet cream, just put the Medjool date into the soaked cashew too.
How to make Vegan Cashew Cream
I suggest you try this delicious vegan substitute for dairy cream.
If you want to make it look as thick as heavy cream, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to get your desired consistency.
- 1 cup of cashews
- 2 tbs of lemon juice
- 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 peeled garlic clove
For Sour Cream
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Replace lemon juice with white wine vinegar
For sweet cream
- Add Medjool dates in the soaked cashews
- You may replace Medjool dates with other sweeteners such as stevia, maple syrup, or other sweeteners
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Put the soaked and drained cashews in a bow.
- Add water, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt in a high powered blender. Blend it well until it appears smooth and creamy.
- For sweet cream, add Medjool dates in the blender too.
- For sour cream, replace lemon juice with white wine vinegar, mustard, and onion powder for a more tangy taste.
Pro tips for best vegan cashew cream
- Use a high powered blender. By using a high powered blender, it will create a super smooth and creamy texture. In fact, you don’t have to soak the cashews before blending it as it can blend it well
- Use raw cashew instead of roasted. Only use cashew raw rather than roasted ones. To create delicious and umami vegan cream, you want to have a neutral flavor. That is why using raw cashews are best. However, if you use roasted cashews, it will still appear creamy but the taste will not as yummy as raw cashews.
- Why the cashew is soaked. The reason why the cashews must be soaked is to soften their texture so it can be blended faster and can create smoother and creamier. Although it is not a must to soak it if you blend it with high powered blender, it is best to soak it first for four hours or overnight
- Don’t pour the water, but add it gradually if you want to reach the creamy consistency that you want.
Why Blender is the best tool?
After soaked overnight and then drained, the cashews must be drained and blended with water in a high powdered blender. It is a better blender, not a food processor to make cashew cream.
Using a high powdered blender to create creamier, silkier, and more voluminous.
However, if you don’t have a high powered blender, just use a regular one but blend it longer up to 1 minute or the cashews must be soaked at least 4 hours to overnight to soften them up.
To get the best texture, stop the blender and scrape it down once in a while.
Turn basic cashew cream for a vegan whipped cream, cream sauce & cheese dip.
adventurous people can use it in many ways.
You can use it as a sauce, cheese dip, whipped cream, and other dairy products such as cheese and butter.
Here are ways to use it.
- Add minced garlic to your basic cashew cream sauce, blend it until smooth. Use it as your vegan alfredo sauce
- To create a vegan dip sauce, add nutritional yeast, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and a splash of lemon juice to create a tangy and savory flavor
- Turn your basic cashew cream sauce into Caesar dressing by adding minced garlic and nutritional yeast, black pepper, and lemon juice
- To create sweet whipped cream, use Medjool dates that were soaked along with cashew dates or another sweetener such as liquid sweeteners, stevia, and granulated sugar
- To use it as vegan whipping cream, add sweetness to your cream, then consume it with your granola or fruits for your breakfast. You can also level up the game by adding frozen berries or getting crunchiness from your favorite cereal.
How long can you keep cashew cream?
There are 2 ways to keep your cashew cream, by keeping it in the fridge and freeze it.
Put it in an airtight container and store in the fridge, it will last for up to seven days.
Meanwhile, you can thaw it in a sealed container and thaw it in the freezer overnight.
Cashew is incredible and the best vegan base ingredient to make vegan cream so far.
It creates a similar texture, savory, creamy, and tasty.
Because of that, cashews are mostly used by vegans to create vegan substitute products of meat and dairy products including this savory or sweet cream.
If you try to recreate this vegan cashew cream recipe, please let me know in the comment how it was.
I can’t wait to know what you think about this recipe.
Did you like this recipe?
if the answer is YES so you will love these delicious vegan recipes –
– Homemade Vegan Butter Recipe.
– How To Make Vegan Pasta Carbonara.
– How To Make Cashew Chocolate Popsicles.